Walk the Beat Musician & Sponsor Registration
Walk the Beat- Band/Players Benefit Information
To participate in the Walk the Beat event, all bands must first submit a song (does not need to be an original) via CD & registration form in order to be considered for the opportunity to perform in the event.
SINGER/SONGWRITERS – must submit an original song via CD & registration form in order to be considered for the opportunity to perform in the event, however if selected- singer/songwriters do not have to play ALL original music at the event itself.
Those selected will be notified and thereafter assigned an event venue location and will have the below benefits available to them. Patrons will be text-voting for “Best Band” and singer/songwriter winner for “Best Song” will be selected by Chrysler Studios.
- People’s choice for “Best Band” will receive 40 hours of FREE recording and production time at Bill Chrysler’s private recording studio. This package includes:
- 40 Hours Studio Recording Time- with legendary Bill Chrysler who has mixed sound and toured w/John Mayer, Paul McCartney, Christina Aguilera & Rihanna (& many others)
- Music Video- with David Darling, owner of D-Squared Creative- a full service media production company, is donating a complimentary video shoot.
- Website- with Kendra Higgins, owner of Kae Atelier and marketing coordinator for Walk the Beat
- Photography Session- with Dirk Wierenga Photography
- Interview – with Dave Palmer for Walk The Beat Radio on 103.5 WAWL
- Four Venue Tour – provided by John Sinkevics, owner of Local Spins.
- Winner of original Singer/Songwriter “Best Song” will receive $2500 CASH OR 40 hours of studio time at Bill Chrysler’s private recording studio.
- Each musician will receive $60 per individual for their participation up to $240 per band.
- All musicians involved receive 10% off of recording production time at Bill Chrysler’s private recording studio.
- All bands and musicians must have a link on their site to Walk the Beat website walkthebeat.org as Walk the Beat will have all selected band website links on their site.
- All Bands and artists may sell their merchandise during the Walk the Beat event.
- All musicians are automatically entered for an estimated $12,000 in door prizes (70 door prizes).
- All musicians will receive a pass to Bill Chrysler’s VIP “After Party” which will be held immediately after the WTB event; exclusive to artists and sponsors only.
- Opportunity to perform in front of thousands of guests
- This event is geared to help promote Michigan and West Michigan musicians who are interested in self-promotion. In showcasing the selected talent, Walk the Beat also provides awareness for people who may need a band or musicians for:
- Concerts, Weddings, Open Houses and Special Events
Walk the Beat will provide the locations, the advertising, the audience, the prizes and the power for bands/players.
All bands, musicians, singer/songwriters MUST BRING THEIR OWN PA.
This is your opportunity to promote yourselves for 4 hours. Each band will perform two sets. The first from 2-3PM and the second from 4-5PM (set up and break down time included). Bands will rotate with singer-songwriters so that there is no downtime during the voting period. There are no stages involved, unless you bring one and it is approved by the location in question. Some locations may be more challenging than others. Please keep in mind, WTB uses our best judgement on artists and locations involved.
- Each of the 70 venues will have a soloist/duo/trio and a band perform (all categories of music will be involved) and will switch off playing times so there is continuous music during the 1-5pm event. All musicians will be supplied by WTB. Walk The Beat cannot at this time indicate which musicians will be performing at which venues. We will however try to accommodate what we (WTB) thinks would be appropriate for whatever business you are involved in. We will also try to accommodate your wishes for a particular style of music as best we can.
- Each sponsored location will be promoting their products and services. Sponsors may provide food, coupons, and games for kids.. Any permits required by government agencies such as health department/ zoning issues will be the responsibility of each individual sponsor.
- Each location will have 2 major prizes displayed (bicycles, keyboard, guitars etc.). In addition to a $400 registration fee, WTB is asking each sponsor to provide one prize over $200 in value. WTB will also provide an additional prize of $200 or more value for each location as well. We are encouraging each sponsor to provide a kid’s game that will keep the kids having fun all day long at each location.
* Information is subject to change